Experienced front-end developer with WordPress experience required.
KIJO is on the lookout for a talented WordPress website developer who can help to build and maintain cutting edge websites. You will be working closely with our web design team utilising WordPress to create websites for our growing and varied client base. The ideal candidate will be have a passion for creating websites that are well designed, performant and best in class.
- Work closely with our web designers taking designs and mockups and turning them into fully functioning WordPress websites.
- Utilise bespoke code combined with the WordPress Elementor page builder to create fully functioning websites.
- Work with other team members to maintain quality using thorough testing and quality assurance processes.
- Develop and update plugins for specific website functionality where required.
- Setup and maintain WordPress environments using our internal hosting platform.
- Resolve tickets for clients on our maintenance packages.
- Complete monthly maintenance by keeping WordPress CMS and plugins up to date.
- Utilise and improve our internal website component library.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent time-keeping and can work to deadlines
- 36 days average last 3 years
- We offer an industry leading holiday entitlement which is 22 days + bank holidays + Christmas + birthday off (this has averaged to 36 days total over the past 3 years regardless of service length).
- Flexible working hours – we are flexible in that people can arrive and leave in between the hours below. We expect our team members to be judged on the quality of their work.
- Minimum of 7.5 hours per day however this can be averaged across a week.
- Arrive between: 8am – 9.30am flexible
- Leave between: 4.30pm – 6pm flexible
Company pension scheme
- All team members are enrolled in KIJO’s company pension scheme.
- KIJO matches your contribution up to 3% of your salary every month.
Discretionary bonus scheme
- £100 a month bonus to months Most Valuable Player – MVP.
- Discretionary bonus based on annual revenue targets.
- Employee share scheme whereby senior team members or long term employees can have shares in KIJO as a company. This becomes possible after 2+ years service.
- All KIJO team members get access to an online GP service via ClickGP.
- Free eye tests for all team members.
- Discounted gym membership at 1600+ gyms via GymPass.
Personal and professional growth opportunities
- KIJO’s vision and organisation chart makes roles of team leader and director available to internal team members.
- Our focus is to promote and hire from within KIJO where it makes sense to do so.
- We encourage personal and progressional growth to help shape the direction of KIJO as an agency.
The KIJO College
- Fully paid in work training hours – 1 working day per month
- Regular training workshops to help improve skills across the company
- 12 month training plans
Team Events & Kulture
- We have quarterly (4x annual) events for the team which has covered a broad range of team activities.
- Monthly munchies – every month the entire team has lunch at a restaurant of the teams choosing.
- No dress code.
- Product launches – we like to celebrate success and hard work as a team so we have regular activities to celebrate product launches.
Food & Drinks
- Monthly grocery shop where all team members can add what they want to the shopping list
- Monthly free food via Monthly Munchies
- We offer free beer at both office locations.
- Birmingham has a free barista daily.
Travel & Parking
- Travel expenses fully paid for meetings
At KIJO, we believe a happy team is a productive one. We invest in our staff, and enjoy rewarding our team for a job well done. As KIJO grows, the right candidate will be given the chance to progress within the agency, and gain recognition for their high standards and hard work. Apply